Thursday, January 21, 2016

TBT Writer - Confessions of a Sugarholic



It's Throw Back Thursday (TBT)! If you're a writer, I invite you to share something you wrote way back when and/or a pic of yourself. Bad stories happen. It's part of the journey of becoming a better writer. Whether you wrote a bad story when you were eight or twenty eight, embrace it with laughter. :) Don't forget to use #TBTWriter when you post. If you're a reader, enjoy the hilarity.

And now...for my bad story. For those of you who don't know, I have a major sweet tooth (especially for chocolate). I could eat an entire four course meal and miraculously have room for dessert. It's a special skill, I know (*hold for applause). Anyway, for this month's TBTWriter, I thought I'd share a hilarious story I wrote when I was eight-years-old about ice cream. Hey, I was eight! What could've possibly been more important? And of course, I included photos.

Gotta love fashion in the 90s!
An editor's nightmare.


The Ice Cream Sundae Was Good

The ice cream sundae that cost $20.00 was fantastic. It was nice and cold like snow. I could almost taste all of the wonderful flavors with the hot fudge and caramel drowning the multi-colored toppings. On top of that was the creamy, white whipped cream, circling around that were bits of Reese's peanut butter cups all crumbled up. My favorite part was the ruby red cherry on top. All of this was piled high. The smell was cool and creamy. Just looking at it almost hypnotized me. Waiting still for the lady to let me eat it, I felt the hardness of the uncomfortable chair that I was sitting in. Finally it was time. I asked for the biggest spoon and I took a huge mouthful of the ice cream. The word "yes!" ran through my mind. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. Now I think you know why it cost $20.00!

Some things never change.

Don't forget to check out my other #TBTWriter stories and pics:

What did you think of my silly story? Do you have something from way back you'd like to share with the world?

2 comments:

  1. Jay Plemons shared your post on Twitter and that's how I found it. I love your story and the adorable pic! I hadn't heard of #tbtwriter before, but it's a fantastic idea. I'll do one next week.

    Your story actually made my mouth water. It sounds like the PERFECT dessert! I'm also a sugarholic, and ice cream sundaes definitely used to be my favorite thing. Like, every single night for a while. I used to love the kind you described in your story, or a strawberry sundae, or even mint chocolate chip. Hilarious with the picture of the editing. :) Great post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm so glad you like my story and the #tbtwriter concept. I'll be posting a story and pic once a month, generally around the end of the month if you'd like to participate next time.

    I used to have ice cream every single night too when growing up, but then that whole "responsibility" thing happened (aka adulthood). :-/

    ReplyDelete